Scotch eggs is one of the perfect snack eaten nationwide especially in cameroon and Nigeria. ” Scotch egg” originated from the united kingdom(Wikipedia). It is available in supermarkets, corner stores and motor parks in cameroon. It is usually served with a hot spicy pepper
In this article you will discover or learn how to make the best scotch egg.
– 6 boiled eggs
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Boil the eggs for about 10 to 15 minutes. If your so busy and can’t boil eggs, I recommend you buy boiled eggs from the grocery store or corners store
– Once it is boiled remove, peal and keep
– In a medium sized bowl, pour out the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg.
– Pour the melted butter and mix into the flour
– Mix all the ingredients to form a large dough
– Now roll on a board till you get a smooth and non- sticky dough
– Cut dough into medium sized balls
– Put egg in a flat dough and wrap.
– Fry in hot oil for 10 till 12 minutes on low heat till it gets brown.
Remove and drain in a towel. Enjoy